Just 3MD

Just 3MD

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Fun, Foam & Friends


Well Folks. I did it. I got down and dirty in mud and it was in a public place. In fact, I SWAM IN IT! I was surrounded by hundreds, yes hundreds, of others and this girl had no shame! It was my first ever run. A 5K here in AZ called Foam Fest! It was 3 miles of desert terrain and thrown into the mix was 17 obstacles that included a 20' cargo net, a couple 8' walls, mud pit and some slip and slides to name a few. I did the run with 2 of my close friends and our team name was 3 crazy girls. Because, well, that's what we are. I've only been running since February this year and it's not something I do every day. I go when the Hubs is home (about 3x a week if I'm lucky) so he can be with the kids. I do 2 miles in the AZ heat and let's be honest people, that's good! Anywho, a friend got some pics for us, thank Heavens, and so I thought I'd share with you!


Before the crazy began.


Our 5K Tattoos. That's Steph, me & Kristy


Pinning on my first bib. It was Kristy's first run too! Steph is an avid runner and has done 1/2 marathons and such.


Our war face. I look like I smelled something bad and Kristy looks confused. Only Steph looks truly warrior! haha


Stretching the net to make it easier to climb. See me in the middle?


Zig Zag's. You go in straight and then hit the turn doing sidesteps. Kristy's on the left, I'm on the right and Steph is bringing up the rear.


That's Kristy at the top of the cargo net. I'm beside her. You can see my head by her knee. The guy you see in some of the pictures is a co worker of Kristy's. His name is Arron and was a funny Dude. He and I swam the mud pit together.


8' wall. These were pretty easy.


Human "car wash". Me, Steph and Kristy in the back.


Steph, Me & Kristy @ the end after the mud.


My bib and my shoes. GREAT TIMES!



I'm officially hooked. I like running and now that I know I can do this, I'm already looking for the next race! What form of exercise do you do? What helps you clear your head and get your blood pumping? Someone said that running is good for your mind and is cheaper than therapy. I have to agree.


~Bugs & Fishes,
Aleigh

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Aww, I love this. I wish I lived closer so I could have joined you guys!