Just 3MD

Just 3MD

Monday, March 26, 2012

Dedication

Well, it's that time. A time when reflection hits you like a ton of bricks and makes you go WHOA like Joey from those 80's sitcoms! My beautiful daughter is almost 5 and my handsome son is almost 3. Where does the time go? Really? I'm asking you where it goes.

After church one Sunday morning I talked to the Hubs and we decided that it was time (and maybe a bit PASSED time) to dedicate the kiddos. To publicly announce that we are going to do our best to raise these gifts from God to the best of our ability. To be a teacher and a light and a Hero to them. We dedicated them on Sunday, March the 25Th and my In laws came to show support and pray with us over the kids and for the Hubs and I to be able to do a good job. It was a great day.






They got their own Bible and a certificate as well as cupcakes as big as their heads! The Hubs and I also got a book on how to be a great mother and father. I cried, laughed, prayed and felt, well, encouraged by all the other Parents and Grandparents that were there with us. Strangers but yet family too. I left feeling exhilarated and ready to go! When we got home from a nice dinner, we gave the kids some little gifts to show them we loved them and were proud of them; A DVD about Jesus and his love, a bracelet and a set of stickers. They were super duper happy!

I can't express how wonderful this day was. From start to finish it was just awesome. But then again, God is awesome so how could I have ever expected less?


Bugs & Fishes,
Aleigh

1 comment:

Jeremy,Jennie said...

Aleigh this is awesome!!!!! Good for you guys!!!!