Just 3MD

Just 3MD

Monday, November 14, 2011

A few rules

Have you ever noticed that when you look at a wed site showing you Thanksgiving recipes that right beside it on the right is a weight loss site? Why do they do that? What's the point in saying "Here, check out this delicious pecan pie recipe" and then "But don't eat your weight in food so you don't blow up 5 dress sizes". Talk about frustrating! So for curiosity sake, I clicked one. Oh boy. Wanna hear some tips they gave for helping you not overeat this holiday season?

Tip #1: Smell peppermint extract. It helps to make you feel less hungry.

Umm, OK if I did that all it would do is make me want a peppermint mocha latte from Starbucks. I don't think that's what they had in mind.

Tip #2: Put a mirror in front of you while you eat.

Are they serious? First of all, if I had a small mirror to put on the table to watch myself eat that would be a miracle in itself. And second, it would only show me that I'm probably more of a messy eater than my children!

Tip #3: Use blue plates. The color blue helps people FEEL full.

hahahahaha OK, if I had a piece of pumpkin pie on a small blue plate all I would think is "cute plate" and eat the pie before anyone could say "whip cream for the top?"

I had to laugh at the "tips". I mean, really? Who are they kidding? I appreciate the fact they are giving advice but in all honesty I don't think they would help much. Wanna hear my 3 tips for staying on track and not over eating this holiday season?

Tip #1: Make smart choices. Stay away from the appetizers and anything wrapped in bacon!

Tip #2: Try to drink water with your meal and not alcohol. Trust me. The food tastes better since it's not competing with the booze and it helps keep you flushed too!

and last but not least, Tip #3: Have fun. Enjoy your family and friends and IF you play games, take them outside. Tag football, soccer or even Red Rover can be thrilling and help with getting you off the couch and on your feet!

No comments: