Just 3MD

Just 3MD

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Wow. 2 days.

Thanksgiving is in 2 days. My part of the menu has been decided and I'm anxious to get to it. We have a new tradition this year. Well, it actually started last year. We will get up and go to Auntie's for breakfast. IN OUR PJ'S! It was fun. All in all there is about 13-15 of us. It's a great way to start a day of food and reflexion. After breakfast is over and we have had fellowship, we all go back home to sleep (as in my 2 Little's and the Hubs) while Mom (umm, that be me) cooks her share of the menu. Then it's off to the In-laws for the turkey feast.

I love the Holiday season and I loathe it too. You know, that whole love/hate thing. I love the movies, the food, warm blankets and fires. But I hate that I miss my family back in NC and CO. That every year is another year we can't spend the season together and my Little's don't know their Southern roots. Yes, they have met my family and they love them. I think they like their accents too. But it's not the same. It's funny how you can spend years and years (I'm talking 15) away from your family and hometown and then all of a sudden miss it like crazy. Well, that's it. I'm going home next year. All of us. Me, the Hubs and both Little's. I'm making an executive decision and will start planning right away. Hmm, I wonder if I should wait o tell my man AFTER the holidays when he's not looking at the bills and freaking out over the $30 spent on craft supplies or the $200 grocery bill this month. Ugh. Yea, I'll wait til January to let him in on the master plan.

No comments: