Just 3MD

Just 3MD

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

No WHEY!

OK I'll admit it, I have let myself go and I have gained some weight. About 5 pounds to be exact and I take full blame. No one held a gun to my head while I devoured Halloween candy or chocolate cake. No one said I was being a horrible person if I didn't finish all the food on my plate includeing the collard greens made in bacon grease and the soda's (yes sodas) I had too while my Mom was here. I did those things. Me. All alone while no one said "Put that down" or "a minute on the lips is a lifetime on the hips". Ugh, so, here I go. Get back on my diet. TRY and I mean REALLY TRY to work out somehow. So I made a plan.

1. Check out inspiration pics on Pinterest and get motivated.

Pinned Image

CHECK!



2. Find recipies that are healthy.

Pinned Image


CHECK!

3. Work out

Pinned Image

CHECK!


OK that's not really me running but I did do that today. Around my block and then almost passed out! We can pretend I look that cool/good when I run. I probably look more like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSkXnyuYNJQ

OK, getting back to my morning.......

SO when I got up today I had my cup of joe. Black to save on the calories. I love creamer and they have all fall flavors out now!! Well, I did black. Then I had a bowl of Rasin Bran in fat free milk. Good but would have been better with some sugar added. I didn't though. I kept thinking "Do it right Aleigh" so I did. When I dropped Little Miss off at school, the litttle man in my life and I headed to the grocery! I got a few things to make dinners for the week as well as stuff to make some smoothies. I plan on doing the smoothies as a meal replacement type thing. Thanks to Pinterest and the link to Lacey in love I got a wild hair and did my own version.
I got a bunch of banana's (5 in the bunch), 4 kiwi, a tub of lite Lucerin vanilla yogurt and 3 bags of frozen mixed berries. When I got home, I cut up 3 of the bananas and 2 of the kiwi into bite sized pieces and then popped it in the freezer on a lined cookie sheet. I also took the yogurt and filled up a cupcake tin and popped THAT in the freezer as well. After about an hour, I took about a cup to a cup and a half of the fruit (both the ones I cut up and the frozen bag of mixed berries) and 2 yogurt cubes and put it into a bag. I was able to make 5 baggies of the fruit and yogurt. Now all I have to do on busy mornings is take out a baggie, add a scoop of whey protien and a cup of fat free milk. Blend all together and viola! A fruit smootie! When I took all my ingredients and broke down the prices of it all it came out uber cheap. Here's the breakdown:


$2.39 for the yogurt
$3.00 for the frozen berries (I say 3 since I got 3 packs and only used one)

$0.70 for the bananas since I only used 3
$1.00 for the kiwi since I only used 2


Now, I already had this. I had bought it for my eldest child but he didn't use it. It's banana and I thought I had gotten vanilla so that's why he didn't use it. I figure I will so...it cost me $20.00. Now, the tub says 1 scoop is a serving and there are 23 servings in this tub. SOOOOO, each scoop is $0.87. 5 scoops will be used for the 5 smoothies so that makes this total of whey $4.35.

Breaking it down more, a smoothie with no protien costs me $1.40. A smoothie WITH protein is $2.30!

BEAT THAT ORANGE JULIUS!!!!


*I rounded off just in case you were wondering.


I have to be honest, I feel awesome! I worked out, ate good thus far today and now have a smoothie fix for 5 days. I'll let ya know how it tastes. I may try it with OJ one day too just to see if I like it better but in the meantime, as it is right now, a smoothie will be around 200 calories. Not too shabby!

I just hope all in all I don't do great and then hit that spot where this happens.

Pinned Image

No comments: