Just 3MD

Just 3MD

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Little Man turns 3


Little Man loves Super Heros. Don't ask me how he knows about them or even their names because we don't watch it but he does. His favorites are Spiderman and the Hulk. So when it came time to plan his birthday, he said he wanted a Spiderman birthday. Well, I took that and ran with it. I scouted out Pinterest for ideas and found a bunch. Some I really wanted to do but knew I couldn't pull off in time so I went with what I knew I could do. 

The front door greeted you with this silhouette of Super Noah. The conversation bubble says "Welcome to Noah's 3Rd birthday party!"


The picture frame that I have by the front when you first walk in always has something in it representing the season, holiday or special event. This time, I had this little saying. "Little Boys are Superheros in disguise"


 I made a happy birthday banner with a comic book I bought from The Dollar Store, construction paper and a free happy birthday printable from Pinterest.



close up shot


I also decorated the drink dispenser with comic book words and a copy of an old comic book page. The drink was lemonade so I thought Radio-Active Man was perfect!


His cake came from the bakery at out local grocery. He picked out chocolate. I had them ice it with whipped cream and then decorate it with blue and red and the spiderweb.  The comic words are again ones I printed out and glued onto a skewer.



The candle I made from an Ironman one I found at Party City. It was on sale for .50. I just took him off and glued on a Spiderman I found at the Dollar Store.


The Birthday Boy wore his Spiderman shirt and superhero shoes. They had wings I had made from 2 colors of card stock and then glitter glue. He thought they were pretty cool and made him run super fast!



 Even big Sister got in on the action with a Batman shirt and frilly, black skirt.
The Littles making silly faces!



And Little Man with his favorite gift. He wanted an orange guitar so Grandma and Grandpa found an orange ukulele  It's his size and he has already serenaded me with ABC and If you're happy and you know it.




He had a blast on his big day and I gotta say, I did too. It was a small party with a few friends and family and even though I cheated with buying the cake, I was happy with how it turned out. So the lesson here was, for a few dollars at the Dollar Store, you too can have an awesome Hero party. On decorations, I spent about $5 and on the plates and napkins and such, about the same. 


~Bugs & Fishes,
Aleigh





No comments: