Just 3MD

Just 3MD

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Paint, patches and cartwheels



OK, so yea,I've been MIA for about a month now. I have been busy and some of the reason is crafts. I made a bunch of stuff for the Littles birthday parties but I'll fill y'all in on that stuff in a later post. I also made a HUGE (and I mean huge) art piece for Little Man's room as well as some updates on old tricycles that a family friend gave me.

But, today, I'm gonna share with ya some of the other stuff I had my hands in.

First up is my ball cap.

Now, I don't know about y'all, but I LOVE me some HGTV and I have some shows that are by far my favorites. That being said, one of those shows would have to be, hands down, Junk Gypsies. Not only do I love their style, the accent and mutual love of junk, but I just love it period. One of the things they have that I was IMMEDIATELY drawn to was a hat that both girls have worn in different episodes.

This is it.





It's not a crazy thing. Not something you would necessary look at twice but I like it. A lot. SO, when I went on their site and saw it was for sale my inner child immediately jumped for joy and did cartwheels. Then, I looked at the price. Now, $20 is not a lot of money to pay for a hat but me being me (aka, cheap) I knew I could try and make my own. SO, the very next day I loaded up the Littles and off we went to Goodwill to find a ball cap; and a cap I did find!


IT'S GREEN!!!! That's my favorite color. Plus, at only $1.99 it came home with me. I did like that wild child was on there. Kinda funny to me since that's what my Mama calls me. I looked in the shirts to see if I could find one that had a patch or something that I could affix to the hat but no such luck. Hmm, if I were a patch where would I hide?

We went to an antique store down the road a piece and low and behold, they had a box of old patches for sale. The prices ranged from $.50 - $2.00 then they had an extra 20% off the entire purchase thing going on so, I picked this little beaut out.


It was originally $2.00 because of it's size but with the sale I only paid $1.40. See?


When I got home, still on a high from my two finds, I took the cap outside and splattered paint on it. Now, I know the original one has more of a droplet pattern but I was too excited and didn't check my reference pic before I went off with the paint! Now, I do love the fling pattern though. It's more crazy and less controlled. Me, in a nutshell.  


After the paint dried, I tossed it in the washer for a quick wash and then the next day affixed the patch with my glue gun (DON'T JUDGE ME) and put that bad boy on my noggin' and stepped out on the town in my very own Junk Gypsy inspired lid.


 How'd I do?

If you want to purchase your own JG hat, go here.


Seriously, all their stuff is awesome! AND, I have a mid years resolution. Next May, come hell or high water, I'm gonna attend their Junk-O-Rama Prom. I've already started scouting out stores for the perfect vintage prom dress!


~Bugs & Fishes,
Aleigh

No comments: