Just 3MD

Just 3MD

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Gadanke

I know you looked at that and said it in your mind a few times thinking "How do you say that" and to be honest, I'm not sure. What I am sure of though is this:

#1 They are totally cool and their products are very, very sweet
#2 The owner, Katie, is darling
#3 I gained too much weight in the past 2 weeks

Ok, granted #3 is a sad thing to share but it's true so it really is something I'm sure of.

Anyway, I learned about this awesome site from Centsational Girl. She is a blogger that I have read for quite some time now and she was hosting a fab giveaway featuring Gadanke. I entered, crossed my fingers and toes and low and behold I won the sucker! So me and 2 other very happy, lucky people were able to go to the website, pick out a journal and get it for FREE! Well, I knew right away that I wanted the lilac fields Saving Grace journal. I loved so many of her products but that one spoke to me on a personal level so I asked for it and not 3 days later got it in the mail! EEK! I was so happy to have something other than bills and junk mail in my box.

I rushed in, tore open the package and this is what I saw!




Oh. My. Dasies!

And if that wasn't enough to make you keel over and die right there I flipped it open and...



Did you die? Are you with me? Pick yourself up and listen to this! This adorable journal is made with 100% recycled, graphing and Italian papers and pockets. IT'S HANDMADE!!!! I love anything handmade and the fact that this guy is gonna be so personal as well is just, well, touching.

Check out the tag she has her tag line on. Your story matters. That hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm not a journal-er. I kept a diary for about 3 months when I was 14 and then that sucker bit the dust so you can only go "What the hay bells" when I said I was uber happy to get this journal. I plan on doing it every. single. day.

I hope I can look back on it and read things I wrote and prayed about/for. I also hope that when this one is full, I can get a new one in a new color and keep this up from here on out. How awesome would it be to have these for my kiddos one day to read? To go "wow, Mom was nuts." or maybe "Wow. Mom was right about sooo much".

Do me a favor. Go check out Katie and see what she's about. After touring her site and chatting with her via email, I think she has tons to offer and I think anyone can find a journal for themselves or maybe someone else they know. You won't be disappointed.

And tell her Aleigh sent ya!

No comments: