Just 3MD

Just 3MD

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Have you ever...

Have you ever read a blog or a book and just CONNECTED with it? I have quite a few blogs and books I have connected to and some more so than others. I find that Nicolas Sparks speaks to me for his love stories and the fact that his books are set in NC where I'm from. He can write the "twang" so well that I can see home in his words. The antique men and women sitting on their porch watching cars and kids go by at breakneck speeds on their bikes or skateboards, remembering a time when life moved a bit slower; And a bit more quietly.

As far as a blog that has reached out it's called Flower Patch Farmgirl. Her words, her pictures are all so stunning. She writes from her heart and it's so easy to see when you read what she has to say. The latest post from her that totally got me was from Jan. 13Th called Broken Beauty. The entire post made me cry. I felt the loss of a friend and the realization of being too late. Rarely do I cry at things like books or movies or blogs for that matter but this one, in it's raw honesty hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm not too sure why either.

*I know I talk about her and her blog a lot. I have a girl crush on her and I'm not ashamed to admit it. No I have never met her but yet, I feel as though I know her. I think if you read her blog, you'd feel the same way.

Do you have a favorite blog or book? Something that reached in and tugged at the strings of your heart? What was it? What got you and made you sit up and wipe the tears off your cheeks?


~Bugs & Fishes
Aleigh

No comments: