Just 3MD

Just 3MD

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A time to

Reflect? To envision? To what? For me, this new year brings a lot of things to mind. We moved twice in 5 months, saw major things happen with the 18 year old in our life such as graduation and moving away to a different state, the Little's growing up and the Hubs and I growing together. In all honesty, last year was a tough one. Full of so many downs that at one point I was ready to throw up my hands and say "Kiss my grits!"




But thankfully, along with myself, my Mama prays and that "give up attitude" never happened. So here I sit, in my office listening to children play and the vehicles drive by outside. I remember the tough year we had but I'm thankful for it as well. Tough times beget good times. In the dark days we are tested on our faith and we see what we're made out of. Do we turn our eyes upward? Or do we look into the face of others and blame or plead? I found, that I turn my eyes up and seek Him. And, I'm stronger for it day by day.


So what do I think of this new year? Will it be better? Worse? Same? I feel better because I plan to mentally make it that way. See the silver lining in all the cloudy days, listen with an open heart and try to forgive before it has a chance to even become a question.


~Bugs & Fishes
Aleigh

No comments: