Just 3MD

Just 3MD

Friday, January 13, 2012

More

I've heard about people doing a word of the year instead of the ol' resolution and to be honest, I think I like that concept a bit better. A word, by definition, is a unit of language, consisting of one or more spoken sounds or their written representation, that functions as a principal carrier of meaning. (Thank you Webster's); But to me, a word can be so much more. So in that mindset, my word for the year is more. I want to do more, be more, love more, give more. I want to get out there and run. To move and be fit not only in mind but also in body and spirit. I want to be more. I am a mother and a wife and though that is a huge part of what I am, it isn't necessarily WHO I am. And at 34, I'm still finding that one out. Love more. That one may sound the most easy but if you think about, sometimes it's very hard to love people that have hurt you. So I want to love more. Not just family and friends, but also strangers. People that may need a smile and friendly hello to brighten their day. And to give more. Give more time to myself. Now, that may sound selfish but anyone that knows me knows I'll run myself ragged doing for others and never for myself. This little known fact drives my husband and my Sister crazy.

So yea, just more. In all it's 4 little letters way. Oh! And uh,


Teach more. I hope to be able to teach not only the Little's about God and how awesome he is, but also any that ask or are lost.  To teach other's that, even though you may feel like your rope is fraying and at it's end, just look up. There's always gonna be someone that chooses to love you and help you tie another knot and pull yourself out. To teach that God gave you this life because he knows you're strong enough to live it.
~Bugs & Fishes
Aleigh

No comments: